Lakeside Shopping Centre | Marketing Manager
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Hours: 37.5hrs per week (5 out of 7 to include Duty Management)
Purpose of Role: The Marketing Manager’s role involves many aspects of marketing, from strategic and tactical planning right through to delivery of all marketing details, including Brand Marketing, Customer Marketing including PR, Digital marketing, paid for Media strategy and event management, as well as possessing the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to drive customer service excellence. This is an all-encompassing role which requires a self-motivated, passionate person who can take a hands-on approach to all tasks.
- Preparation and implementation of an annual marketing strategy and budget plan which sets out clear and measurable KPIs. Including the creation of an annual marketing calendar of events, campaigns and promotions as part of the annual marketing strategy.
- Creation and management of the delivery of the Digital Marketing strategy which covers website, email marketing and social media channels.
- Creation and delivery of Events strategy which may include working evenings and weekends, as and when required.
- Owner and management of the marketing budget (Lakeside Merchants Association).
- Management of on-site marketing team (Marketing Co-ordinator/s)
- Management of external agencies in line with budgets and key performance indicators. (Creative, Media, PR, Research & Print)
- Management of annual media buying plan and implementation of this accordingly and coordinating agency partners to deliver creative outputs in line with the media deadlines.
- Creation and delivery of the PR strategy, working with PR Agency creating newsworthy stories, press releases, development of good relationships with the local media within the target area. Creation and delivery of blogger/influencer strategy
- to be an appointed spokesperson in the absence of the Centre Director, in the event of any serious incident (media training will be provided).
- Owner of Crisis Communications process
- Preparation of a full retailer engagement strategy – including issuing an annual marketing opportunities pack, regular newsletters, event feedback forms, and hosting regular tenant meetings on site with retailers.
- Liaison with all tenants at both local and head office level in order to engage with them fully when planning all marketing activity. Marketing campaigns to be focused on driving sales and footfall, and generating ROI for both tenants and the client.
- Regularly spending time talking with the retailers on their shop floor and communicating with them via email, newsletters and memorandums. This is a very important part of the role as great working relationships with all tenants must be established.
- Reporting of footfall and marketing activity to tenants and stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly reports to include marketing activity and the success of campaigns including feedback from the tenants, as well as reporting of CSR and Green initiatives.
- Working alongside Business Support to organise Lakeside Merchants Association meetings, where marketing activities, plans and budget will be presented. The volume of meetings per year will be agreed with the Centre Director.
- Liaison with stakeholders including customers, community groups, local authorities, colleges and culture groups engaging with them to raise the profile of the scheme.
- Supporting the Community Development Manager with our chosen charity partners to implement a purposeful program of CR activity.
- Liaison with local groups and partners to secure new marketing opportunities, partnerships and links.
- Attending client management meetings to present the marketing report, on either a monthly or quarterly basis, either on site or at client’s office in London.
- Work with client to feed into consumer research.
- Attend internal management meetings and other meetings as pertinent to role.
- Working with Business Support and Operations Management on the GDPR compliancy and process for the centre and team.
- Working with to ensure all vacant units are appropriately dressed.
- Management of Centre Marketing team.
- Work with management staff and contractors towards achievement of the scheme goals and aspirations and implementation of the strategy.
- Develop excellent lines of communication with all centre management staff, retailers and customers.
Health & Safety
- Refer to the Health & Safety manual and adhere to all policies and procedures as required.
- Rostered Duty Manager weekends.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
- · Excellent leadership and people skills.
- · People Management skills.
- · The ability to lead and manage, as well as take direction and work independently and alone if needed.
- · Experience in marketing, PR and social media management.
- · Experience in tenant liaison and retailer engagement at a head office and local level.
- · Excellent skills in press release writing as well as pitching to journalists.
- · A proven track record in the generation of media coverage across all mediums - independently or via agencies.
- · A proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, the media and third parties.
- · Understanding of and experience in managing key stakeholder relationships – BID experience is desirable although not essential.
- · A proven ability of managing agencies and the ability to work across multi-agency briefs.
- · Ability to create exciting campaigns that will drive footfall, awareness, sales and enhance dwell time for Lakeside Shopping Centre.
- · Ability to use full range of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- · A proven ability to manage workload commitments.
- · Experience in the development of high-level reports and presentations.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a good standard.
- · Excellent presentation skills.
- · Ability to work on own initiative and confidently contribute to team meetings.
- · Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns in order to respond to the demands of a retail and leisure environment.
- · Relevant PR or marketing qualifications to degree level.
- · Strong event management skills.
- · The Marketing Manager will have to be a team player with exceptional communication skills all supporting a creative and imaginative approach to promotions and advertising.
- · The Marketing Manager will need to be confident in social media, a confident presenter, experienced in controlling budgets and managing outside agencies.
- · Be flexible with working hours.
- · The Marketing Manager needs to be fully aware of the importance of customer service and proficient in dealing with customer complaints.
- · Be fully aware of the importance of Health & Safely implications surrounding events.
- · Knowledge of Data Protection Legislation.
- · Broad understanding of Health & Safety principles in relation to event Crisis Management and customer safety.
- · Warm charismatic personality that has a way of winning over any challenging characters.
- Experience in basic free designs tools such as Canva.
- · Experience in social media management tools such as Sprout Social.
- · Operational experience.
To apply and for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like You may also like